Microscopic intruders such as fungi, bacteria, viruses, and protozoa are lurking everywhere. Parasites are awaiting a host to thrive and multiply. And with millions of these disease-causing germs, it is almost impossible to dodge them, especially with poor hygiene. Seniors are one of the most vulnerable age groups. They are likely to acquire diseases when personal care is neglected.
So how can home care services providers promote a microorganism and contaminant-free home?
- Never dispose of trash, oil, grease, chemicals, expired medications, and other toxic household products in the drain, toilet, or waterways.
- Ensure the maintenance and professional inspection of septic and filtering systems.
- Clean water containers and tumblers thoroughly.
- Thorough housekeeping techniques (sweeping, mopping, disinfecting) and home care management play great roles in the well-being and safety of seniors.
- Observe proper handwashing before and after touching surfaces and going outdoors.
- Wash meat, poultry, fish, fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients, and cook food thoroughly.
- Let the airflow in and out of the house.
Changes in at-home habits are keys to a pollutant and germ-free household. It is an integral part of home health care in Huntsville, Alabama we should focus on it.
Take adult day care in Alabama seriously. Get our services at Brooks Home Health Care to manage your health and safety at home.